I chased the problem for a little while. I renamed v1 plugin folders. Still same issue.
I renamed some existig files and folder to see website load results. I only got a response when I renamed index.php. I tried to restore files from backup problem still existed.
I did restore of website backup to local web server. I kept the webhost 107_config.php file in local web server. Localhost site came up with web server SQL info. Site was fully functional. That told me that SQL DB was good.
I ended up creating a folder in www directory and moving all the e107 files to that folder. I then uploaded webhost backup files from local www folder to the www folder. After all files uploaded, site was functional.
Looks like trying to replace the files didnt do the trick to refresh files.
I have another website running on my webhost provider that is not having a problem. The PHP settings for that one is 5.6.
I changed PHP setting for problem site to 5.6. Maybe PHP files are being impacted by 7.1 settings.
I didnt try to change the site/admin theme. Theme I am using is BS_Gaming_02.
Thanks for help,