I want to redo my old website in the new place but I see that I don't know how to do it and have many problems. Simple I don't find how to everything edit and would like to read about e-107 construction
Maybe there are some tutorials for this theme or simple for E-107 v2. I can't something to find.
1) no/yes, removing the lang files is : by ftp : languages remove folder Lithuanian, and in Plugins identical (languages/Lith...) Best do a search in dbase for Lithuanian, looh at the use and delete or keep in place. Have English running as site lang...
2) of course you can move e107 to any folder (as long as it is part of a domain).
Will this solve the lang issues? Best (imo) to start fresh with english, install; upload LT. Focus on the English first; than make table copies and you are on a good new start. (keep the old running so you can peek,copy and paste). ( i think you need to explain more what you like to do on this one).
3) i agree it is complicated , but you are working in a html5/bootstrap environment. For css (and coupled work) it has to be done so..Of course you are able such thing in textual (but you could loose mobilty displaying nicely).(and sadly the link is ok in code, but than again.the folder use in that link has to be known.'' little bit part of the next question/answer).
4) you upload the files INTO the IMPORT folder located inside the e107_system folder/number/import.
Next when done go into admin/mediamanager (left) Media upload/import.. in that field you can do a lot (also manual upload) and when busy you can (bulk/unsorted upload by ftp) sort the files/images into a category of choice...( the system will get the files itself, and places them into the parts where it has to belong to..eg moves files around to media etc.. and 'cleans'the import in one go). And that is also why the link on answer 3 has so much going on at folder level....(+ img thumbs created, display size etc..)..
advice: do 1 step at a time, you are pushing yourself to hard. since you have v1 and v2..a mistake slips in quite quickly.. (i do not mind to help so no problem there)
just created : here's something tha displays what i did in the tutorial.. (site has somelittle issues due to sql..but it works; running on php 7.1) Click around and see... http://tgtje.webege.com
I am not so good to work in MySQL tables but I use import, export and some small actions time to time. Thank you for your advices. They will be usefull.
(Akeeba backup for Joomla does it everything automatically even by updating Joomla core. You can create Joomla in folder, backup and restore in a couple steps in root.)
At present I left my previuos E-107 and installed a new one in folder of my domain, Lithuanian pack as well. I will try to read and do something acording your tut.; thefore I am not concerned what I lost in previuos installation. Not so much, simple I am learning... step by step and will write about my results.
Sometimes I have dificulties, because you know, English isn't my native language :-)
Hello again, I am already afraid that I get bored you. Very sorry...
- I am reading again your tutorial: page 18. You teach to translate links like News and other. I did it, but when I switch page to English I don't see translated tables. It is empty, no one link. How to copy tables?
- page 23 - don't understand image "Results in (display)". What I should see?
- page 24. You talk about First, second pages. Where they are? Should I create them?
I don't understand how a copy of tables appear in other language? I understand to create pages. Not all my
And for a while I have Lithuanian menu which was translated from English menu. How to do now English menu? Should I simple create them and link to my English pages? I am doing in such way.
I found id of english article and linked to new my created page History although it should be only for History submenu. Than I looked to Lithuanian version see page.php for branch and next I did submenu with links to my English page. It seems I have catched the process...
But I am a little confused with ID of pages. For instance I get ID 7 on Lithuanian pages and ID 7 in English pages?